Sebastian Caon-Cook (nee Caon)
BSpPath CPSP MSPA
I am the Principal Speech & Language Pathologist and Owner of Speak for Yourself Speech & Language Pathology.
I set up Speak for Yourself Speech & Language Pathology with the mission;
- to support people to achieve their full potential in communication using high-quality speech-language pathology services using evidence based practice
- to empower all people to achieve their right to communicate with autonomy
I am passionate about this mission, and to support families holistically. I believe in equity for all, using innovative technologies (like telehealth) to be a forward thinking and goal focussed service for all Australians.
I am a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist and Member of Speech Pathology Australia and have been practising since 2014. I have previously worked at primary and secondary schools, for LifeTec Australia’s AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) Service and for Disability Services. I was also a current member and previously the Professional Development Co-Ordinator for Agosci, Australia’s peak body for people with Complex Communication Needs. I graduated with a Bachelor of Speech Pathology at the University of Queensland in 2013.
I also hold certification in
- Hanen More Than Words
- DIR Floortime
- Cervical Auscultation
- Trauma Informed Education with the Australian Childhood Foundation
- PODD (Pragmatic Organsiation Dynamic Display) Introductory workshop
- Nuffield Centre Dyspraxia Programme -Modules 1-2
- LAMP (Language Acquisition through Motor Planning, 2017)
I have also attended further training and professional development, including;
- Middle Years Communication and the Australian Curriculum (2019)
- ISAAC (International Society of AAC) Conferences – 2023 Cancun, Mexico and 2018 Gold Coast, Australia)
- Agosci National Tour with Linda Burkhart (2016)
- Grid 3 Training Day (2016)
- Secret Agents Society (social skills program)
- Minspeak Australia Tour (Professor Bruce Baker, 2015)
- PROMPT (2014)
When not practicing, I can be found gardening, enjoying the great outdoors, socialising or practicing yoga.